Interview with Olivier Blanchard, Economic Counsellor, IMF
Do you want to learn how measures to increase financial stability will affect your liquidity management, risk and funding ability?
The recent financial turmoil exposed the vulnerability of the financial systems, resulting on the revision of liquidity risk regulations; stress tests and other measures o promote financial stability and the rebuild of trust. Although these are common objectives to the authorities and the banking sector, questions still remain as the extent of the measures and how they may affect the level playing field for banks managing liquidity, planning contingency funding and mitigating risks.
The 2011 Liquidity Management & Risk Forum 2011 is a platform for policy makers, financial sector stakeholders and banks ranging from small and medium, to larger global players to discuss all necessary aspects including Basel III and CRD-4 affecting liquidity management & risks. More important, it will guide you on and how to prepare and overcome upcoming challenges, including:
- • Systemic, monetary and market risks threatening the financial market stability and liquidity planning
- • contingency planning and stable funding for short and long term liquidity
- • The effects of European and US regulations to the level playing field for banks, including updates on LCR and NSFR developments
- • Specific liquidity management matters such as fund transfer pricing
- • The Financial Inspections’ implementation of liquidity regulations locally: stress tests and additional capital requirements potential impact to your funding ability
Do not miss this unique opportunity to engage with policy makers and key banking stakeholders engaged in re-shaping the banking sector of the future.
I look forward to welcoming you to Stockholm on 21st – 23rd November 2011!
Beatriz Viellas, Senior Project Manager, Midfield Media Finance Division